Sunday 23 February 2014

The Willistead

I have been wanting to try The Willistead for a long time, I love the farm to table head to tail approach. I finally got the chance last night with my good friend. And let me tell you I was not disappointed. 

We were late for our reservation, and even though the restaurant was very busy, we were sat right away. We sat ordered a bottle of great Riesling. We chatted, ordered food. The atmosphere was awesome. Great music. We waited about 45 minutes for food, but it was worth it. 
We started with seared scallops and cauliflower fritters. Both awesome. Scallops were perfectly cooked with apple slaw. Fritters were deep fried, vegetable, deliciousness. With a salad including radishes and feta around it to balance the rich fritter. 
My friend had the Cobb Salad. Just right hard/not to hard boiled eggs, in house smoked bacon, blue cheese, avocado, and and excellent piece of moist chicken. I had the Niçoise Salad; green beans, tomatoes, variety of olives, red onion tossed with parsley, hard/not too hard boiled egg, potatoes that were marinated in vinaigrette, and a piece of tuna that melted in my mouth. Everything was perfectly cooked and delicious.
I would highly recommend this place. Do yourself a favour and make a reservation if you don't want to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment