Tuesday 4 March 2014

Fat Tuesday



Pancakes, paczki, bacon and sausages. Whats not to like. I added waffles to the mix this year. First Mère brought over some paczki, I just recently found out that paczkis aren't something everyone does. For those of you who don't know, paczkis (poon-ch-kees) are a lot like a jelly donut. Some times with powered sugar on the outside, sometimes with glaze. Filled with whatever you can think of. The big difference is that paczki is made with butter, eggs, and milk. They are a polish tradition. They are generally made on fat tuesday, to use up these items before lent.
Grayson liked it, Xavier as usual was not really a fan.
Pancakes or waffles are always a hit around here. Put in bacon and Xavier is hooked. I have a pancake recipe I use from an ancient edition of "The Joy of Cooking" at my parents house. I finally got my own edition and my waffle recipe comes from there too.
The waffles started with milk and yeast which is really new to me. They also had butter and eggs in them. When they were cooking they made the house smell so so good.

 
Happy Fat Tuesday

No comments:

Post a Comment